In addition to your cleanser—which should contain salicylic acid to keep your skin looking its best—it’s important to round out your regimen with a few specialty products geared specifically to your “Oily” skin, and here are 5 must-have mattifying options that are sure to keep shine at bay.
- OC Eight: If there’s one product every “Oily” type needs, it’s OC Eight. This professional-strength gel inhibits excess oil production and keeps skin shine-free for 8 hours. Use it under makeup or on its own and you’re all set.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch: Sunscreens can leave a greasy residue that makes shine even worse, but this one leaves a matte finish that works beautifully under makeup.
- Mattifying moisturizer: Choose a hydrator that delivers moisture while keeping excess oil under wraps. REN Matte Balancing Fluid does just this, and you can find similar products at every price point.
- Topix Clay Mint Mask: A clay-based mask once or twice a week works wonders on “Oily” skin. Clay not only draws out excess oil, it helps keep pores clear as well. ( The Queen Helene mint mask works wonders!)
- Blotting papers: Don’t leave home without a package of oil-absorbing sheets. They are great for eliminating shine without disturbing makeup or clogging pores.
If these tips alone aren’t enough to keep your “Oily” skin under control, you can try a few other things as well. Try topping off your sunscreen with an oil-absorbing powder or consider using a primer before applying makeup to help keep your foundation in place.
Cited: Skin Type Solutions
What are some of your tips to control shine?